This has been a crazy journey this far. I am so happy to say 9 months down! That year mark is sneaking up and I would have to say it is the best feeling to think that the down hill side of this is getting close! I cannot believe how much being away from someone makes you love them so much more. I was thinking before he left how can you love someone more when all you can do is write letters and e-mail and Jake’s mission has done nothing but prove me wrong! I would do anything for him and although it has gotten easier as time passes…there isn’t a day hour second that I don’t think about him. I got the recorder from him a few days ago and one of my favorite thing on it was: he said no matter how hard it is or gets just always look at how far we’ve come. It’s easy to focus on the hard part of being away from him but on those days if I can switch my mindset, it is just as easy to think about all of the positive things that have come from this!
*I’m so proud of him and know he has already touched and changed so many people’s lives…Romania is a lucky place right now :)
9 months down…15 to go!!
2 comments:
Omg! he is so skinny!! Maybe i should say fit.... You guys are awesome. :)
WOOHOO!! Congrats Dakota! That is super exciting! :) I'm so happy for you :) Almost to the downhill! :D
Post a Comment